Email is one of the most important avenues through which businesses communicate with their customers. So, why do so many of them not put as much effort into their email management and response system as they do their call center services and other customer care policies? In this post, we’ll be discussing the importance of email in customer interaction, and how businesses can improve their email management processes to better serve their clients and increase their customer retention levels.
Why Email Matters
One of the reasons that email has become so central to business and everyday communication is because of how convenient it is. And, with the increasing popularity of mobile technology, email’s popularity isn’t going to die down any time soon.
In a 2011 survey, 58% of customers said that email is their preferred method of interaction with online retailers’ customer support staff, as opposed to 22% who preferred to speak by phone and 20% who preferred live chat.[i] When such a large majority of customers prefer one method of communication, it’s not an exaggeration to say that businesses should work to perfect their customer care experience through that channel.
Along with overwhelmingly preferring to use email to resolve their customer service issues, customers also have a very specific set of expectations when it comes to the level of customer care service they should receive:
– 41% of customers expect a company to respond to an email within 6 hours.[ii]
– 51% of customers say that they will only try to contact customer service once before abandoning a purchase.[iii]
– 86% of customers say they will quit doing business with a company that they have had a bad customer service experience with.
Improving Email Customer Care
The main problem with improving customer support email management is that many companies struggle to manage the sheer amount of emails they receive from their clients. Given what customers expect from businesses concerning email customer care interactions, those companies which don’t provide email support that meets the demands of their customers are likely losing a lot of customers that they may not even know they have lost. This puts a lot of businesses in an awkward position, where they need to improve their email support system, but don’t have the manpower or resources to do so.
Signius’ email response management services were created specifically for those businesses. By working with a Signius expert email response team, businesses can stop worrying about crafting the perfect customer care email system and focus, instead, on their actual area of business.
The benefits of Signius Communications’ email response management services include:
– Our trained email response staff is selected based on superior writing and reading comprehension skills.
– We provide message receipts to show that messages are being read and responded to.
– We provide quick, accurate, and detailed answers that satisfy your customers.
– Message escalation will make sure that problems that our team cannot solve themselves will be forwarded to you and your employees quickly, and with all relevant information.
Want to learn more? Contact us today at 800-295-7000 to set up a free, no obligation consultation.